We were married on a beach. It was amazing.
Our wedding service consisted of Emily and myself, our wedding official Caroline, and about a dozen chickens. As part of our service, Caroline read something that would be the foundation of our life together.
Your “homework” is to practice an ancient Sufi tradition: In your life together, speak words to your beloved only if they can pass through 3 gates: First, is it truthful? Second, is it necessary? Third, is it kind? If your words are truthful & necessary & kind, then the love you have maintained up until today will be nourished and continue to grow & your name will continue to remain safe in your beloved’s mouth.
Love for self first and foremost is the Secret to Love that Lasts.
Sometimes love is hard to put into words. Here are 31 quotes about love that will inspire your relationship:
- I’ve fallen in love many times, always with you.
- The only time I want to be near you is forever.
- To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
- It would be cheesy to say that we are made for each other. But if the way I feel when I’m with you is anything to go by, I truly believe that God intended for us to be together, now and forever. I love you my dear.
- I will love the sun for it warms my soul. I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light, for it shows me the way. But I love you most, for you are my dream come true.
- We came together underneath the stars above. What started out as liking soon turned into love. I senses a certain something in my heart that was true. I know I waited all my life to fall in love with you.
- I can’t stop loving you and no matter what I say or do you know my heart is true.
- If a hug represented how much I loved you, I would hold you in my arms forever.
- Loved you once, love you still, always have, always will.
- My love for you is a journey starting at forever and ending at never.
- Being in love with you makes every morning worth getting up for.
- I just close my eyes because I might see your face. I just close my mouth because I might hear your voice. I just close my ears because I might hear of you, but I could not close my heart because I love you.
- There’s a love that only you can give, a smile that only your lips can show, a scene in your eyes and my life that only you can complete.
- Every time I see you I fall in love all over again.
- I’m not perfect. I’ll annoy you, make fun of you, say stupid things, but you’ll never find someone who loves you as much as I do.
- I’d rather spend one moment holding you than a lifetime knowing I never could.
- True love is the comfort of being stupid together.
- Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
- Find someone worth your tears, worth your laughter, worth your heart and that loves you as much as you love them.
- If I had to choose between loving you, and breathing, I would use my last breath to say I love you.
- Love is born with the pleasure of looking at each other and fed with the necessity of seeing each other every waking hour of the day.
- Love is like a staircase. You have ups and downs, but you take each step together.
- To love someone is to understand each other, laugh together, smile with your heart and trust one another.
- True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall but you are there to catch them.
- When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Love is when you look into someone’s eyes and see everything you need.
- You are forever and always the hero of my heart, the love of my life.
- You’re my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace.
- I love you’ means that I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. It means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you even when you’re in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you’re down, not just when you’re fun to be with. ‘I love you’ means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go.